[Fluxus] cameras and pixels

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Fri Feb 11 08:02:45 PST 2011

> No, I never tried but I assume that works. I'd like to make a pixel
> primitive display the image seen by a camera.
interesting. i had to think about it for a while, but i think it can be
done.

> In that case the pixels-renderer would share the parent scene-graph and lack
> it's own renderer scene.
yes, they can't share a scene-graph. although i think it's possible to
do this with a little trickery using double buffered a pixel primitive
which was added recently to git:

- draw your scene into a pixel primitive
- make 2 viewports in the pixel primitive connected to the camera, for
example use the two halves of the pixel primitive for the two cameras
- set the pixel primitive to use 2 textures and ping-pong between them
like in the pixels-feedback.scm example
- now in the pixel renderer you can use the scene as a texture if you
use the texture rendered last frame (you can call it the lag of the cctv
camera)
- display the cctv camera image by setting the texture coordinates to
match your cctv camera viewport
- display the scene on a fullscreen plane by setting its texture
coordinates to the viewport of the default camera
- hide the pixel primitive

hope it makes sense. let me know if you need more help.

best,