[Fluxus] fluxus and databases

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 23:06:04 PST 2011

On 3 February 2011 02:09, xname <root at xname.cc> wrote:

> hello everybody,

Hey, xname!

> this system of graphs should be running in real-time, and when a new
> entity or a new relation is created in the database, that should appear in
> the visualized virtual world.
>
> the work, including *hopefully* the fluxus script, will be displayed in a
> gallery in london pretty soon.

As a lead; Fluxus is based on Racket and will happily load Racket libraries.
These are quite well documented here; http://docs.racket-lang.org/

I noticed this includes support for websites and to make this actually
useful there should be ways of interfacing a database (I'm fairly sure there
are). I'd have a look there to make sure you can't simply link some hooks
together, then spend your time making it look good. Maybe it's harder than
that; I just happened to notice that stuff was there.

Hope that helps a bit,