[Fluxus] fluxus install instructions for Ubuntu 10.10

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 06:03:50 PDT 2011

On 18 April 2011 13:21, gabor papp <gabor.lists at mndl.hu> wrote:

> Is there some way to uninstall both or just 5.0.1.7? I never uninstalled
>> something that was build from source.
>>
> you can try manually removing the conflicting .zo files.

Yes, I'll have to do that.

> if you did an in-place install, you can just remove the directory.
> otherwise 'sudo make uninstall' should work.

I did the install exactly as the Fluxus docs suggest, I found that that
generally gave the least trouble. Actually I noticed I already did a update
of Racket on this computer and that previously the overwriting must have
worked. No idea why this is different but Racket turns out not to support
"make uninstall".

IMHO compared to the amount of updates to Racket and the relative importance
of building your own they could mind updating a existing install a bit more.
Oh, well...