[Fluxus] couple of editor fixes

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 08:02:53 PDT 2011

Hey List,

I made a series of fixes, tweaks and additions to the editor. These fix
minor issues that were inconvenient and generally follow the expectations
set by most "normal" editors. All of this is in the redacted branch now.
Below is a list;

[End] wasn't going to the end of the line if invoked on the last line, it
was off by 1 character. I expected this fix to break things as the "-1" in
"if (end==wstring::npos) end=m_Text.size()-1;" must have had a purpose but I
haven't yet found a issue with this fix.

[Backspace] Wouldn't block-delete if the cursor was at the start of the file
(which would also be the start of the block, of course)

[Shift+ up]&[Shift+ left] would unselect the selection at hitting the start
of the file or line (respectively)

[up] wouldn't jump to the start of the line if invoked on the first line
[down] wouldn't g to the end of the line if invoked on the last line

[Ctrl+a] to select everything

[delete] to delete the selection if used while there is one, like backspace

[ctrl+v] now replaces the selection by the contents of the copy-past buffer
if there is a selection

[left] without shift when there is a selection now jumps to the start of
that selection (in addition to unselecting)
[right] without shift when there is a selection now jumps to the end of that
selection (in addition to unselecting)

Fixed weirdness due to the selection state and the shift state no longer
being as closely tied which meant that shift could stop working after
certain kinds of edits when shift was held down continually (I think this
was already a problem, just more rare).

In any case where a block of text is removed the cursor now jumps to where
the start of that block was, instead of moving back by the length of the
block when the cursor was beyond the start. This is both more simple and
safer and it preserves the old behaviour in situations that were already
possible to get into.

There is still some weirdness here and there but these were the main ones
that were annoying me. I hope git is smart enough to let people try these
without getting the [ctrl + t] experiment in expression highlighting if they
don't want that one. One thing to consider would be whether the combination
of [Ctrl+a] and [backspace] (or delete) wouldn't eliminate the need for a
"clear all text" hotkey, freeing up one key again.