[Fluxus] weird characters in draw-line help

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 13:49:18 PDT 2010

Hey, Gabor,

> not converting tabs is one of the known problems of the inline help system,
> the other one is with linebreaks. sometimes the text is unreadable, e.g.
> (help "make-pfunc")

Ah, I don't think I noticed it before. (draw-line) works great, by the way;
instant "early '90s screen-saver" fun with some blur.

Is there a reason why we don't have tabs as a character in the editor BTW?
For a moment I thought that if there is a structural issue with this we
could simply automatically convert all tabs in the "helpmap.scm" file to
spaces and be done with it, but we could also simply have tabs. This would
certainly speed up changing indentation. Do you or Dave have a special
dislike for tabs? Some people must dislike tabs as many editors have a
option not to use them; I never understood why those options are there.