[Fluxus] rfc: (draw-line)

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 04:08:46 PDT 2010

Gabor;

does this sound the right way to do this? or does it awfully break the
> concept of immediate mode primitives? comments are welcome.

What I tried to do before (but I got confused by the (hint-unlit) issue for
line colours) was to instance a line of length 1 in the x direction, then
use (draw-instance) on that using a function that would set local scale,
rotation, etc. This would avoid building and destroying instances, which my
git-feeling says is expensive. I'm not sure that actually is more expensive
than calculating the proper rotation, scale and so on.

I'm not sure how relevant this is as I got stuck, but your mail hints at
something like this. I am, however, sure that merely scaling won't solve the
questions around a hypothetical (build-polygon) so a more structural
solution might be needed anyway.