[Fluxus] commits: midi-out

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 12:02:34 PDT 2010

Hey Gabor,

> initial midi-out support is added to git. it breaks old midi code.

This makes sense. It's unfortunate but it makes sense.

> (midi-info) now returns outport ports also.
> (midi-init) is replaced by (midiin-open) and (midiout-open). (midi-close)
> is replaced by (midiin-close) and (midiout-close).
>
> Better than my proposal.

> the command that sends midi messages is (midi-send), which expects 1 to 3
> integers.
>
> i haven't got any midi output device, so i only tested it briefly with
> virtual midi piano keyboard (http://vmpk.sourceforge.net/)

Ok, then I'll test it with a external device tonight and probably write some
utility stuff for notes and CC's for everyone to share.

Tanks for taking the time to do this. I hope the single byte messages work
out; systems like ChucK and PD (and maybe SC?) won't send clock out because
single byte messages somehow get filtered.

You're the best!