[Fluxus] kinetic

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 14:53:01 PST 2010

> are there any linux drivers for WiiMotes and WiiMotion Plus?

"Yes" on the WiiMote; Marije Baalman ( http://www.nescivi.nl/wiiosc/ )
created one. As luck would have it I just met up with her last evening and
we mentioned Kintec in passing. As far as I know it works well, despite some
cursing about it not implementing Bluetooth completely.

I'm not sure about the "Plus" part. I'm fairly sure Marije wouldn't have
time for that if it's not yet done as she switched to her own wireless
accelerometers.

As a side-not; if a WiiMote would do for your needs you may also want to
look into these games called "RealPlay" for the PS2. These were dumped in
bargain bins and hence cheaper than a WiiMote. They came with a USB dongle
and are fully HID compliant (even though the package only mentions the PS2)
as well as higher resolution than the WiiMote.

If you could do without the "Plus" and wouldn't happen to own a Nintendo Wii
already that would be the better and cheaper choice, where available. The
games aren't worth your time, IMHO, but at 10€ a pop for wireless and
class-compliant tilt sensors I'm not complaining; It'd be hard to build your
own at that price!