[Fluxus] blur and the editor

RPD ilostmyfiles at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 7 13:07:35 PST 2010

--- On Sun, 11/7/10, gabor papp <gabor.lists at mndl.hu> wrote:
> > (blur 0.1)
> i'm not sure about this. it might be a gl caveat or even
> normal behaviour considering how blur works. i have seen
> similar things in the past discovered by a user who turned
> this into a very cool effect. you might try checking if this
> happens when rendering the scene into a pixel primitive.

Thanks for the replies... unfortunately I get 'FBO not supported' from
the examples. Not sure about that... I thought it worked before but the
card is ancient, maybe another machine. I should add that if I only change
to (blend-mode 'one 'src-alpha) then the additive blending seems to work
identically to (blend-mode 'one 'one) but only when the editor is
showing- when I hide the editor, now a brand new symptom, the blur is
completely disabled! So there's almost no blending going on, only for the
polys in the primitive that overlaps itself. It's supposed to be adding
to its own afterimage, and yes, it looks pretty cool, I think... :)

I'm going to look around in the source for a bit. At least if I need
speed and visibility, I can change to an blank slot, which only leaves
a little cursor after I disable autofocus. It's workable. Thanks again,

--Rob