[Fluxus] Git

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 13:58:43 PST 2010

Dear list,

I got this;

zach at carillon:~/Fluxus/fluxus$ git pull origin master
git.savannah.nongnu.org[0: 140.186.70.72]: errno=No route to host
fatal: unable to connect a socket (No route to host)

It seems related to the note here; http://savannah.nongnu.org/

Doesn't sound like the sky is falling but I thought I'd point it out; I
couldn't quickly find a reference to the issue in the list archives.

Secondly; after the "(seq) shoud return a number" issue my source is now out
of sync with the master. That's cool as it's a improvement, but the final
fix might be yet better... or any number of things might happen.

How should I deal with that? Suppose Dave improves on my fix, how would I
tell Git that Dave's addition should replace mine? It seems hard to believe
that Git will understand when two bits of code are trying to do the same
thing in different ways. For now overwriting everything would do, but that
wouldn't help if/when I'd be testing some idea that may or may not later
become useful enough to share.