[Fluxus] which video card?

Stephen Halter halter73 at gmail.com
Mon May 24 13:28:03 PDT 2010

Sorry. I was trying to type the email on my new phone and I accidentally
sent it before finishing.

I was going to say that your decision will depend on how important it is for
you to use open source drivers. In my experience, Nvidia makes the best
proprietary drivers for linux, and they do a decent job of maintaining
support for their older cards. I don't have much experience with ATI, but I
have heard of a lot of people having issues with their proprietary drivers.

If you want optimal 3D performance, your going to want to use the
proprietary instead of the open source drivers, but some people take a moral
issue against non FOSS software. If you're one of those people, you might
want to go with ATI, because of the better open source drivers.

-Stephen Halter