[Fluxus] zsh: abort

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Sat May 15 07:16:54 PDT 2010

Hi Elmer,

On Sat, 2010-05-15 at 14:34 +0200, Elmer & Maddy wrote:
> Here the error report I captured via GDB:
> I hope anyone can filter out via this what is wrong, is it my drivers? Is it my laptop?? (is it me?)
>
> Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
> 0x00333422 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x00333422 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
> #1  0x00c164d1 in raise () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
> #2  0x00c19932 in abort () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
> #3  0x08233015 in fault_handler ()
> #4  <signal handler called>
> #5  0x00000001 in ?? ()
> #6  0x08235581 in ?? ()
> #7  0x0822f5ef in ?? ()
> #8  0x0822f86f in GC_malloc_one_tagged ()

This unfortunately isn't much use, but it does indicate it's nothing to
do with your drivers. What gives me hope is that this reminds me of a
similar bug that we fixed some time ago. One last thing to try, just in
case is:

sudo apt-get upgrade

Which (if you haven't done it already) will make sure everything is up
to date automatically.

One way I can tell for sure if you are running the up to date version of
fluxus 0.17 (there was a slightly older one distributed with puredyne)
is if you type:

(help "hint")

At the fluxus console you should get a list of functions preceded by:

"Function not found, did you mean one of these?"

If you just get a list without this message then it's still running the
older version.

> What see very often happen is when I start fluxus are the following frases:
> Udevd[1072]: can not read'/etc/udev/rules.d/280_users.rules
> 9.019522] ath5k phy0: noise floor calibration failed (2427 MHz) 9.231432] ath5k phy0: noise floor calibration failed (2427 MHz)
>
> After that laptop stops starting up and stays with this screen.
> Then I need to reboot the laptop (via power button)

This is a known problem with puredyne - I get it occasionally too.