[Fluxus] fedora packages

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Tue Mar 9 23:31:23 PST 2010

hi Jeff,

> gabor, what is wrong with ode 0.11?
i'm not exactly sure, but physics just does not work for me. when two
objects collide they transformation is screwed, and the objects
disappear. i also have problems with it on osx, although not this
critical, just random crashes. for some time we thought these problems
only appear with the double precision ode version, but i used single
precision ode 0.11 this time.

> I left fluxus-16 and fluxus-17 in /usr/local/...
my rpm installes things in /usr.

> When I installed fluxus yum insisted on pulling in plt-scheme
> 4.1.2 even though I have 4.2.4 compiled with --enable-shared
> --prefix=/usr/local .  And I could only run fluxus with sudo.
it does not work if you install plt scheme from source because the rpm
checks for installed packages not for the installed binary libraries
available. on the other hand, kassen and dave had some problems with
4.2.4 the other day. it has a bug that you can crash it quite easily.

what does fluxus do if you run it without sudo?

> fluxus: error while loading shared libraries: libode.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> [jeff at chladni ~]$ locate libode
could you do an 'ldd /usr/bin/fluxus' and post the results, please?
it's also an option that i compile the rpm with a statically linked ode,
so you don't need the extra ode rpm.

best,