[Fluxus] new to fluxus

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 11:48:09 PST 2010

>  Btw is Fluxus also used as non-live situations?
>>
> yes, there are a couple of projects we use fluxus for apart from live
> coding. for example:
>
> dave's plant's eyes:
> http://www.pawfal.org/dave/index.cgi?Projects/Plant%20Eyes
>
> or kibu's musical augmented reality game:
> http://bit.ly/b11z6g
>
> probably other users will send us more...

I'm doing this;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41408203@N02/4409848937/in/photostream

I do project that live, without live coding as a sort of music visualiser,
but right now it's chiefly about the enjoyment of making something and
learning Scheme, as well as me trying to figure out what "simplicity" and
"complexity" really mean to me. That picture is the last one in a set so if
you'd like you can see how I started very simple last summer and now have
something a bit less simple.

Based on my own experience (which is just a data-set of one so use some
salt) I'd stay start simple, make sure you enjoy yourself, ask questions,
just keep going and track your progress with screenshots (I just take
screengrabs of my desktop and crop those). Later you'll be happy that you
did.

Have a good journey and I hope to see you around.