[Fluxus] 'polygon

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Wed Mar 3 07:23:06 PST 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 16:12 +0100, Kassen wrote:

> These could, I think. As long as you start drawing at either the inner
> or outer corner of the "elbow" it should work. Two 'polygons and a
> 'quad-list could build this and it should work with a normal
> wire-frame. That's just nitpicking but let's be clear as it's all
> quite confusing enough :-).

I don't think so, as you can't build an L shape with 'polygon type.

> The effect of stacking the ribbons with the hint-wire that you are
> using here is quite interesting, BTW. I assume these use a sort of
> "depth sort" with the ones drawn last placed "on top"? I got some cute
> glitter effects by drawing a thick black ribbon over a thinner white
> wire. Moving the whole thing about made single pixel glitches get
> through to create a nice sparkling effect. Cheap and cheerful fun.

Yes, the (hint-wire) lines are drawn with some offset so they don't
intersect with the solid geometry of the object they belong to. The
ribbons just get splatted in the middle of this - notice the line inside
the corner of the L shape is not always visible? That's a problem with
this approach.

Who knew wireframe could be so hard! :)