[Fluxus] Fluxus requires /opt/local/lib/libode.1.dylib on Snow Leopard

Pei-Ying Lin ca3rine at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 16:00:34 PDT 2010

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie of fluxus and had just started to use fluxus
today. My system is Snow Leopard with MBP (intel core duo). And the
package I downloaded from http://www.pawfal.org/fluxus/packages/ was
the fluxus-0.17 one. It crashed when I trying to open it and saying
that "/opt/local/lib/libode.1.dylib" is image not found.

So I tried to install ode from macports. But fluxus still crashed, and
saying that "/opt/local/lib/libode.1.dylib" is with "wrong
architecture"

Then I find the post saying that fluxus doesn't work with ode 0.11,
but works with ode 0.9. So I tried to compile ode 0.9 from source, and
encountered lots problems.

After messing around with it for hours, with a friend's help (actually
he did all the work... thanks Jaen. :P), it turned out that gcc has to
be set to 32-bit mode to compile the wright library.

So, anyway, I'll just skip the mess around here. I tried the following
and now it works smoothly:

1. download the ode-0.11.1 source code.
2. go to the ode-0.11.1 directory, and type follow:

./configure --with-trimesh=opcode --enable-double-precision
--enable-release --enable-shared --disable-demos --prefix=/opt/local
CC="gcc -m32" CXX="g++ -m32" LD="g++ -m32"

[*note: --prefix=/opt/local so that it will install the files to the
right place, and CC="gcc -m32" CXX="g++ -m32" LD="g++ -m32" so gcc
will work in 32-bit mode. For unknown reason, setting CXXFLAG="-m32"
didn't work]

3. make
4. sudo make install

Hope this can be helpful for whoever encounter the same problem as I
am. And is there a particular reason that ode wasn't bundle with the
fluxus.app?

Thanks.
Pei-Ying.