[Fluxus] OS X 10.6?

evan.raskob [lists] lists at lowfrequency.org
Mon Jun 7 09:34:21 PDT 2010

well, after banging my head against the wall... it doesn't look like anyone has successfully compiled mzscheme on 10.6?

If I try the standard options (compiling MzScheme 4.2.5 from the latest source dmg), it compiles but then gets a whole host of ranlib errors when installing:

ranlib: file: libmzscheme.a(unwind.o) has no symbols
...etc

So I try:

./configure --prefix=/Users/evan/cvs/newflx/fluxus/PLT_v4.2.5/src/build/ --enable-macprefix --enable-mac64 --enable-sgc --disable-mred --enable-sdk=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk

And that didn't quite work, because hard-coded into the configure script was some compiler flag junk:  -mmacosx-version-min=10.4
That's bad, because 10.4 is pre-64 bit, so it needed to be (from what I could gather): -mmacosx-version-min=10.5

Still the same errors.  Searches turning up nothing.  If I look at the output form make, I still see mentions of "apple-i386" which is mystifying...

-evan