[Fluxus] nurbs explode FAIL

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Tue Jan 26 04:11:13 PST 2010

> The trouble is, I want to fit the surface dimensions to a specific audio
> buffer size, so I need the number of control points to fit a certain
> number, rather than the other way around.
if you build the sphere using (build-nurbs-sphere h r) then pdata-size
will be (h + 3) * r.

if you only want to work with the horizontal segments as you did in the
example you just make the sphere horizontal segments three less than the
audio buffer size.

if you want to fit each element of the audio buffer to a separate nurbs
knot, knowing the audio buffer size, and provided that h = r, this is a
quadratic equation: x^2 + 3x = buffersize.

hope this helps.