[Fluxus] plt-scheme version error in Kubuntu Karmic?

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Sun Jan 24 10:10:59 PST 2010

Arxontis Politis wrote:
> Hi, I have fluxus-0.16rc3 installed on Kubuntu 9.10 (karmic), from the deb
> package provided from the website. I installed it a few months ago on a
> clean installation of karmic and fluxus was working fine. The plt-scheme
> version that the .deb depends to is 4.1.5
> However trying today to run fluxus I get the following error:
>
> /usr/lib/plt/collects/scheme/compiled/pretty_ss.zo::0: read (compiled): code
> compiled for version 4.1.5, not 4.1.3

I think that means fluxus is expecting to use plt-4.1.3 and getting
confused by some files from plt-4.1.5.

> which I don't understand since if it refers to plt-scheme I do have 4.1.5
> installed on my machine.
> I'm wondering if it's something known and fixable, otherwise I will download
> plt-scheme and try to build fluxus from source??

As you're on Karmic, you could try the fluxus package from the
puredyne-team ppa on launchpad:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:puredyne-team
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install fluxus

More info:

https://launchpad.net/~puredyne-team/+archive/ppa