[Fluxus] libode internal error 2

evan.raskob [lists] lists at lowfrequency.org
Wed Jan 6 04:56:31 PST 2010

no, I see - by default, libode is double-precision on OS X.  you
can't just use the compiler flag to switch it to use single-precision.

this is actually a pain, but fixable - all bounding boxes and physics
functions will need to use doubles instead of floats.  I started
doing this, but I'm not exactly sure of all implications, because the
physics bounding box relies on the Primitive->GetBoundingBox() function.

I might try it out and see...

cheers
evan

On Jan 6, 2010, at 12:52 PM, evan.raskob [lists] wrote:

> The problem is single vs. double precision - by default it is set
> to double on OS X.
> I'm working on a fix, think it's just a matter of adding compiler
> flag -dSINGLE
>
> let you know in a sec if it works
>
> On Jan 6, 2010, at 12:01 PM, gabor papp wrote:
>
>>> I can't reproduce this with ode 0.11.1 - is there a particular
>>> command
>>> which crashes? I've ran self-test, collide-seq.scm and
>>> physics-joints.scm ok.
>> on osx i tried ode 0.11.1 with this script:
>>
>> (define b (build-cube))
>> (active-box b)
>>
>> got the following crash:
>>
>> ODE Message 2: mass must be > 0 in dMassCheck() File mass.cpp Line 49
>>
>> ODE Message 2: mass must be > 0 in dMassCheck() File mass.cpp Line 49
>>
>> ODE Message 2: mass must be > 0 in dMassCheck() File mass.cpp Line 49
>>
>> ODE INTERNAL ERROR 1: assertion "dMassCheck(mass)" failed in
>> dBodySetMass() [ode.cpp]
>> Abort trap
>>
>> best,
>> gabor