[Fluxus] plant eyes

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Tue Jan 12 00:54:45 PST 2010

Hi all,

It's still to be formally released, but I think this is the most
complicated fluxus script I've written:
http://www.pawfal.org/dave/index.cgi?Projects/Plant%20Eyes

At some point I'll write something in the fluxus docs about managing
larger scale projects, in this case I relied a lot on PLT's classes, but
I'd like to try some alternatives next.

One of the things I started doing when writing al jazari and developed
more here, was to separate the logic (core game code) from the view (the
models and animations). The idea is to allow them to update at different
frequencies - in this case the logic is ticked once per second, while
the view is updated every frame.

You can use queues of messages to decouple them, there are probably
better ways to do it than I managed, but see the code for more details.