[Fluxus] fluxus 17 beta compilation feedback

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 04:22:26 PST 2010

hi Kassen,

Hey Gabor!

if these come from the video module these are not listed in the main README
> file on purpose. they are in the video module README file. the idea is that
> we don't want to increase the number of libraries we depend on. if the
> requirements of the the additional modules are not met, those modules are
> skipped. you can compile those modules independently by going to their
> directory and type 'scons -u', then scons will abort the dependencies are
> not installed.

Ok, This makes perfect sense then. I do think Scons mentioned some
show-stopping unmet dependencies that I didn't get from merely going over
the list in the README but as noted Scons makes it quite easy to figure out
what's wrong. The only issue I had that required a google search was that
"3m" library and that was my fault.

> great. you should try 17b2, or latest git. i think the 17b2 example scripts
> don't work, because they require fluxus-016 modules.
>
>  Ok, and the git one will work? In that case I think I'll skip 17b2 because
if the examples don't work other things won't work either, I imagine.

I found this line;

git clone git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/fluxus.git

here;

http://sync-signal.com/2009/10/building-fluxus-on-ubuntu-9-10/

Would that line get me the latest git? I never got source down from
git before so I'm a little unsure about how this will work. Now that I
have all dependencies further compiles should be quite easy and quick
anyway.