[Fluxus] unicode

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu Feb 11 23:50:10 PST 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 20:23 +0100, gabor papp wrote:
> > what did it do in previous versions of fluxus?
> it displayed the characters fine if they were part of the font, cursor
> keys and delete didn't work, had to press them twice. it didn't print
> the 'reference to undefined identifier' messages.

Are you sure? I must be missing something stupid, I only get the first
byte coming through glutKeyboardFunc - eg:

ç = UTF-8: 0xc3 0xa7

I just get 0xc3 as the char key argument. glutSpecialFunc doesn't give
me anything either. I tried sneakily looking at the next byte after the
0xc3 in memory, but no luck there.

I also tried 0.17b1 and it doesn't work (I get a rectangle even though ç
is in the font) and 0.16 release did the same... Could you tell me which
characters and keyboard maps that used to work with these?

Googling glutKeyboardFunc and multibyte chars isn't coming up with much
either...