[Fluxus] HelloWorld

Pete Carss dmtquarter at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 26 06:16:39 PST 2010

Hello all,
I've been corresponding with Dave, preparing for an even in our dome on
Saturday. I'm having trouble with instancing when used in combination with
(dome-pixels) - it was suggested that the conversation was better suited to
this list...

(require fluxus-017/planetarium)

(define dome (dome-build 6 180 2048))

(define myobj (with-pixels-renderer (dome-pixels)
                (build-nurbs-sphere 8 10))) ; make a sphere

(define (render-spheres n)
       (cond ((not (zero? n))
               (with-state
               (translate (vector n 0 0)) ; move in x
               (draw-instance myobj))     ; stamp down a copy
               (render-spheres (- n 1)))))    ; recurse!

;set the view of the camera
(dome-setup-main-camera 1400 1050)

(every-frame
    (with-pixels-renderer (dome-pixels)
        (translate (vector 0 100 -100))
        (render-spheres 10))) ; draw 10 copies

This is an example, which includes adding (with-pixels-renderer) to the
definition of myobj, but I get no spheres at all now...?

Pete