[Fluxus] kinetic

Scott alcoholiday at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 07:48:58 PST 2010

You are totally correct, after a little research (done by a friend, who's
been deconstructing a kinect and reading the patents, not by me!).

The original "zcam" was a time of flight system.

The Primesense system is a structured light system, but it does seem to take
advantage of the construct/deconstructive interference of the IR LASER it
uses. It looks like the laser passes through an HOE (holographic optical
element) to create the structure portion.

Here's my friends blog post on his explorations:

http://www.danreetz.com/blog/