[Fluxus] Translation and scale unit of measurment/ Animata

David Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Tue Aug 31 23:55:48 PDT 2010

Hi Luis,

On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 19:24 +0000, Luis navarro del angel wrote:

> Hi Gabor and Dave,
>
> Thank you for answering my question about the trutle builder.
>
> I have another question; which is the unit of measurment of the
> commands translation and scale. I know that the rotation command is in
> degrees.

Just "units" - they could be mm, cm, km, leagues or "lengths of a
football pitch". This really depends on what you are doing, if you are
modelling a space simulation, units in mm would be a bit hard to deal
with, as would km if you were modelling an insect world.

In games this is one of the first things that need to be decided, as all
the people modelling need to be working at the same scale. I remember
world was encapsulated by a giant ammunition clip that was exported
scaled 1000 times too big.

> Also I send a question to the Animata's mailing list, but anybody
> answer me. My issue is that I'm making an animation of a monkey making
> a "c-walk" and I want to know if I can make the monkey's movents in
> two different layers or this is only to put a background and other
> characters.

This would probably be a question for gabor :)