[Fluxus] issue with compiling

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 12:29:06 PDT 2010

> what does LD_LIBRARY_PATH points to? make it so /usr/local/lib i think
> is recognizable,

Bingo! I read up a bit and various people suggested editing /etc/ld.so.conf
and running ldconfig instead. I went with that as LD_LIBRARY_PATH turned out
to be empty on my system. The impression I got was that ld.so.conf is
slightly (but only slightly) less likely to bring about the apocalypse.

Now it works again :-)

Many thanks, I really didn't know where to start looking for this one.

> alternatively you can install on /usr and give fluxus
> the approppriate flags at compile time.

I'm really happy this worked, because I wasn't looking forward to compiling
racket yet again...

> btw very nice work on error
> messages its pretty good.

Thanks! Happy that you like it. I agree with Dave that we should work
towards getting all of the scratchpad done in Scheme, or at least accessible
from Scheme. That way anyone could prototype/ refine new ideas and we keep
the good ones. As all Fluxus users are at least familiar with Scheme we'd
have a larger number of potential developers.

Thanks again,