[Fluxus] custom ports

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 07:24:28 PDT 2010

On 27 August 2010 14:15, gabor papp <gabor.lists at mndl.hu> wrote:

> awesome!

Thanks!

>  It is a bit annoying that when you rotate the camera the text also
>> rotates, though.
>>
> i think the part when you transform the messages with the inverse camera
> matrix should be run every frame.

Yes, that will put them in front of the camera and keep them there.

> but if the ports are redirected the script gets into an infinite loop
> because of the display calls in the port functions. i'm not sure why.

right now it goes like this;

error => my_ports => print
                         \=> normal_ports

This should never feedback. Any bug or typo in my ports or the print
function will cause feedback as the error system start generating errors.
Also; running my code again in it's entirely will get my own ports (which
are then "current" ) re-named as the default ports and so that will also
cause feedback (as they start sending to themselves) and completely take the
normal ports out of the loop.

Not sure that answers the question, but that's the two types of feedback
I've seen. Debugging error ports can be a bit tricky :-)
I suggest pre-emptively logging in to a virtual terminal and having a
"killall fluxus" ready there.