[Fluxus] cannot find -lracket3m

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Sun Aug 22 06:19:08 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I recently upgraded to latest git and having problems at installing
racket.

Since fluxus switched to use racket, which is not packaged in Debian
Squeeze, I had to install from:
http://racket-lang.org/download/

I run the:
sudo sh racket-5.0.1-bin-i386-linux-debian.sh

and the script installed in /usr/local.

Now scons fails during install with:
gcc -o .sconf_temp/conftest_13 -rdynamic .sconf_temp/conftest_13.o -L/home/stefano/lib -L/usr/local/lib/racket -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib -L/home/stefano/libfluxus -lm -lpthread -ldl -ljpeg -ltiff -lfreetype -lz -lpng -lode -lsndfile -lfftw3 -llo -lGLEW -lracket3m
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lracket3m
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

That's because it cannot find libracket3m, which is indeed was not
installed by the racket installer.

What am I missing and how can I fix it?

BTW where can I find a SC repository for racket?

Regards.