[Fluxus] request/ question

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 10:52:16 PDT 2010

....so a sort of "requestion", I suppose :-)

I've been really enjoying the (draw-stuff) functions, doing abstract VJ-ish
stuff. It's a nice thing to practice while my GF practices on the turntables
and I'm finding that this kind of thing forces you to get away from falling
back on randomness in livecoding, as that will just create a epileptic blur,
and instead use (gh) or (gl), which in turn tends to bring out new aspects
of the music.

Now, however, as I'm starting to try more advanced stuff and building up a
bit of a toolkit, I'm starting to miss something like (draw-line
location_vectorA location_vectorB) or (draw-ribbon list_of_points) and
perhaps even (draw-polygon).

Does this make sense as a feature to consider? Maybe it would make more
sense to create a single invisible ribbon of length 2 -as well as various
other useful things- once and use (draw-instance) on that with some utility
function?