[Fluxus] Gig pics - The night of coding horror

David Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu Aug 5 00:18:45 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 22:01 +1200, Chris Targett wrote:
> The band I livecode for had a gig a few weeks ago. It went pretty
> well, but horribly at the same time. I got my > and < mixed up
> resulting in an infinite loop, and found a new bug when you use zero
> as an argument to  (modulo) ... 3 times. By the end of it I had
> forgotten the past weeks practice and was having trouble with basics.

This is really a familiar scenario for me too. Solo livecoding like this
is difficult, it's much more relaxed in a collaborative situation - also
with visuals the pressure is a little more tangible, with music it mixes
together and nobody really knows whos responsible for which sounds.

Restricting your options is a way to get through livecoder's block and
have more fun in perfomance situations.