[Fluxus] Removing compiled binary

Arxontis Politis deadflagblue at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 00:59:49 PDT 2010

Hi,

just a beginner's question to the linux people on the list - after compiling
and installing from source, how do you remove the compiled binaries? Is it
just deleting them in /usr/local/bin or there is a more automated way?
'scons remove' or scons uninstall' is not really working. I'm asking because
now that there is an ubuntu repository I'd like to move to that.

And a related question, if I have both a compiled library in usr/local/lib
and let's say a different version from the repositories in /usr/lib, how
does the system show preference over one or the other? when linking for
example?

Thanks!
aKis