[Fluxus] drscheme vs. mred vs. emacs

Scott alcoholiday at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 18:31:17 PDT 2009

Hey Chris,

I use fluxus with MrEd and Emacs exclusively.

This is in my .emacs:
(setq scheme-program-name "mred-text -i -t
/usr/local/collects/fluxus-016/drflux.ss")

But most of the time, I end up doing a ^UM-xrun-scheme and deleting the -t
option, so when I "run-scheme" it just does a "mred-text -i"

Then in my scheme file, typically the first line is:
(require fluxus-016/drflux)

Which then gets the whole fluxus thing working...

Either way will work... I do the latter cuz sometimes I want change things
up before firing up fluxus.

All interaction then will be through your subordinate scheme window... which
is good if 1) like me you like emacs and/or 2) you don't want the scratchpad
visible while you code.

Hope that helps!
-Scott