[Fluxus] Fluxus on Ubuntu - fluxus-engine.ss not found

Chris Targett xin at xlevus.net
Fri Oct 2 03:18:33 PDT 2009

I've very-nearly successfully built the latest git version of Fluxus in Ubuntu.

I built plt-scheme from source with the prefix /opt/plt-scheme to
avoid any mess.

I then got fluxus to build & install cleanly using
$ /opt/plt-scheme/mzc --c-mods src/base.c ++lib scheme/base
$ scons PLTPrefix=/opt/plt-scheme

but running it seems to be another matter.
$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/plt-scheme/lib/
$ fluxus
default-load-handler: cannot open input file:
"/usr/local/lib/fluxus-016/fluxus-engine.ss" (No such file or
directory; errno=2)

It seems '/usr/local/lib/fluxus-016/' does have a number of .ss files,
but fluxus-engine is hidden deeper in
$ ls /usr/local/lib/fluxus-016/compiled/native/
fluxus-audio_ss.so  fluxus-engine_ss.so  fluxus-midi_ss.so
fluxus-openal_ss.so  fluxus-osc_ss.so

Which is exactly the same as my OSX build which leaves me stumped.
Have I missed something?

Cheers,
Chris Targett