[Fluxus] multisampling (antialiasing)

evan.raskob [lists] lists at lowfrequency.org
Wed Nov 4 09:33:44 PST 2009

This is true - but turning it on globally anti-aliases the scratchpad
text and polygons, as well, making it all look nicer when smaller.
Dave's suggestion is to make it a commandline argument, so that's
probably best, because the flag needs to be set when the GLUT window
is first created (unless I'm mistaken)

The downside is that this is all done in hardware, and dependent on
the graphics card.  So it's a bit of a shot in the dark, although it
looks nice on my old macbook pro.

Cheers
Evan

On Nov 4, 2009, at 4:35 PM, gabor papp wrote:

>> Yeah, it appears to be a global FSAA thing.  (hint-anti-alias)
>> doesn't do anything on my Mac, from what I tell tell on the
>> Internets it needs
> are you sure it does not do anything? it works with lines only as
> far as i can tell.
>
> (clear)
> (hint-none)
> (hint-wire)
> (hint-anti-alias)
> (build-cube)
>
> this is even working on a gma950 macbook, so it should work on
> yours also.
>
> multisampling works globally, but i'm not sure how it is
> implemented in glut. it does not even seem to be documented. i
> agree that it would be more useful as a command line option.
>
> gabor

Evan Raskob
ML Studio
4-8 Arcola Street