[Fluxus] static builds

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Sat May 2 06:52:31 PDT 2009

Hi all,

As I mentioned a few days ago, I've added some flags to the build to
allow fluxus to be built with the binary modules embedded. This is
mainly to help out with packaging, and is now in git:

STATIC_MODULES=1 : embeds the 4 binary modules into the fluxus
scratchpad, along with all the scheme code needed from plt, and static
links against mzscheme. The binary can be run without plt being
installed.

STATIC_EVERYTHING=1 : not really recommended as it's a bit fragile, but
does the same as above, plus static links against all the dependencies
(and the dependencies of them - so probably not platform or even distro
independent).

In order to use these, you need to put the fluxus executable in a
directory structured like this:

any-name/
   fluxus
   collects/
       fluxus-016/
           fluxus.ss
           scratchpad.ss
   material/
       textures/
       shaders/

You also need to make a small change to fluxus-modules.ss when running
like this, there is more explanation in the comments there, and this
will be fixed at some point.