[Fluxus] google soc project ideas

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Mon Mar 9 05:43:27 PDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-08 at 09:45 +0100, gabor papp wrote:
> > Windows port?
> good idea. i added this to the soc ideas page:
> http://toplap.org/index.php/GSoCIdeas
> please extend it if you have time.
>
> i would like to see more modules/bindings in order to extend the
> capabilities of fluxus. for example opencv (computer vision), artoolkit
> (augmented reality), arduino (electronics prototyping), tuio (multitouch
> tables), etc. maybe some gui libraries would be also nice.

I'd also like to go in the other direction at the same time - having a
stripped down fluxus that can be easily distributed as binary. I'm
thinking it would take the form of a single executable with most things
removed - eg no sound processing, ode, midi, etc.

It should be possible to do this with a switch to scons I think -
statically link in mzscheme and fluxus-engine.

I would like to keep the editor functionality so that you can press
ctrl-h at any time and edit stuff. I think that's important.

Don't put this on GSoC page though...