[Fluxus] new fluxus module demo

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Mon Jun 29 01:32:14 PDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-06-28 at 21:54 +0200, gabor papp wrote:
> > this is so great ! is it already in git ?
> it's not there yet. i'm waiting for dave's approval to put additional
> modules to git like the video texture or this ar module.

I'm confused on this point...

It's easier in some ways if they all go into fluxus git - but in order
to prevent a big increase in dependencies we should have checking in the
SConstruct - i.e. only build the OpenAL module if it's installed, only
build the AR module if ar-toolkit is present etc etc.

This has the advantage that all the code will be in one place, but maybe
it's better to have them split out so they can be versioned on their
own, and maybe easier for third party contributions. I guess it depends
how dependant they are on fluxus code - the ones I know about (openal
and video texture) have none, so maybe they should be separated - is
there a likelihood that they could be useful to other plt/opengl
projects if they are done this way?