[Fluxus] (help) crashes

Jaime Villarreal jesusjaime at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 14:06:02 PDT 2009

Hi there,

I'm trying once again to get into live-coding with fluxus but no
matter how I install I seem to get a crash just entering the suggested
"(help)" command.

1. First I installed the deb packages from the site,
2. then I downloaded the fluxus-0.16rc3 tarball and compiled plt from
source with shared libraries.
3. finally I downloaded source from git repository (I had to add  line
'# include <cstring>' to modules/fluxus-openal/src/FluxAudio.cpp in
order to compile.)

In all 3 cases I was able to install fluxus successfully. simple
commands like (build-cube) work but everytime I call (help) it just
crashes and spits out something like 'b573c000-b5744000 rw-p b573c000
00:00 0Aborted'

I tried compiling again with scons MULTITEXTURE=0 GLSL=0 arguments and
I get the same error.  Although I wasn't sure if I was adding those
arguments correctly. Can i just use

scons MULTITEXTURE=0 GLSL=0
sudo scons install

or do I need to pass the arguments on both lines?
 What else can I try?

Thnx in advance!