[Fluxus] shader array arguments

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu Jul 30 02:58:56 PDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 07:01 +0200, gabor papp wrote:
> > Array arguments are now supported in the hardware shader interface, and
> > read lists of float, int or vector (size 3 or 4) elements.
> nice. are you using this to make soft shadows here?
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/dave-griffiths/3770563914/

No, that's done by flattening the object with a projection matrix - do
this lots of times with the point representing the light in a slightly
different place, and make them transparent.

Change the blendmode, add colour and increase the change in the light
positions and you get this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dave-griffiths/3771064383/

The code is here, but its very hacked:
http://www.pawfal.org/flotsam/masks/soft-shadow.scm

At the moment the projection matrix is the normal camera style one, plus
lots of mangling to get the effect right. Whereas I need one of these:
http://artis.imag.fr/~Xavier.Decoret/resources/maths/plane-projection.pdf