[Fluxus] fbo pixels commits

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Fri Jan 30 00:07:01 PST 2009

> scene, what we really want is the pixel primitive to have it's own
> completely separate scene - is that right?
probably that's right. although sometimes we may want to render the main
scene to the pixel primitive which would require copying all the
objects to the scenegraph of the pixel.

> This would be recursive too - you could have a pixel primitive with
> it's scene being rendered in another pixel primitive which is in the
> top level scene. Does this work as far as OpenGL is concerned?
as far as i know this should work, fbos are just bound and unbound,
opengl does not about the recursion. because pixel primitives can be
inside other pixel primitives, we just have to make sure that the fbo is
bound back to the fbo of the parent when leaving the state of the child,
instead of binding the window.

> What happens if its a circular dependency? Feedback? :)
i really hope so. feedback is one of the reasons i would like this to be
implemented :).

best,