[Fluxus] fbo pixels commits

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Thu Jan 29 07:55:53 PST 2009

> This is tricky isn't it... I haven't looked too closely at the new code,
> but are you intending to kick off a new render for each pixel primitive?
> You should be able to sequence things so the pixel primitives all get
> rendered first, followed by the main scene - or are you doing this
> already?
i changed the Scenegraph RenderWalk function and added the render target
as a state variable, the binding was done in the state apply method, and
made an unapply function that unbinds the target. cameras seem a bit
complicated, although i understand that they are attached to renderers.
so each pixel primitives should create a new camera there, shouln't it?

i personally don't mind if pixel primitives are not rendered first
automatically. it depends on the order of creation, isn't it?

i imagine that the camera of the pixel primitive is automatically set
when the primitive is bound. maybe a new (with-pixels) macro could open
a new state, bind the fbo, set the pixel camera at the beginning and set
it back to the main camera at the end.

> I can help with some of this if you'd like.
would be great if you have some time.

best,