[Fluxus] OS X build script

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Wed Jan 21 08:03:20 PST 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 11:51 +0100, gabor papp wrote:
> > here is my current OS X build script (for all versions, 10.3
> i would suggest some modifications. this detects your plt path, so you
> don't have to update the script after installing a new plt version. i'm
> using scons -u, so i can run the script from any subdirectories of
> fluxus, which is useful during development.
>
> #!/bin/bash
>
> pltbin=$(dirname "`which mzscheme`")
> export PATH=$PATH:$pltbin
> plt=${pltbin%%bin}
>
> scons -u Prefix=/opt/local/ PLTPrefix="$plt" PLTLib="$plt"/lib
> PLTInclude="$plt"/include
> sudo scons -u Prefix=/opt/local/ PLTPrefix="$plt" PLTLib="$plt"/lib
> PLTInclude="$plt"/include install

Is it possible to get this into the scons script somehow?

fwiw - I think I'm going to change fluxus to install to it's own
directory - i.e. not inside plt/collects. I think this should make
things a bit easier, so you can install fluxus locally, and using it
alongside packaged versions of plt scheme (not stamping fluxus over the
top of them).

Would this have any impact on the OSX build - i.e. making a package for
that OS easier or harder?

I'm also mulling over trying to build fluxus on windows, just to see if
it will work under cygwin pretty much as it is...