[Fluxus] fluxus-0.14rc1 no colour only white

njcross njcross at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 21 13:04:45 PST 2009

On Saturday 21 February 2009 12:36:46 pm gabor papp wrote:
> > The problem is that I tried the quick start in the manual and although I
> > could (build-cube) and a white cube appears and can be manipulated I am
> > unable to get it to change colour.
>
> how are you trying to do this? i'm not sure if it's a mesa problem,
> although mesa is not ideal to run fluxus.
>
> something like this should work:
>
> (clear)
> (colour (vector 1 0 0))
> (build-cube)
>
> you can also check the examples directory, in which you can find a lot
> of useful scripts to try.
>
> best,
> gabor

That worked!  It created a red cube :) I used the quick start from the manual:

; buffersize and samplerate need to match jack’s
(start-audio “jack-port-to-read-sound-from” 256 44100)
(define (render)
       (colour (vector (gh 1) (gh 2) (gh 3)))
       (draw-cube))

It didn't work at all for me. Why did your version work? How can I get the
audio to change the cube colour?