[Fluxus] Fluxus-0.16 Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.11) Binary

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Sun Feb 8 13:20:30 PST 2009

> I tried it and it crashed - looking at the console log, it looks like
>  you guys hard-coded Fluxus.app to look in /Applications for itself,
unfortunately i could not solve this properly, because of plt scheme's
load function. it tries to resolve the directory relative to the value
of current-directory, but when it is called from an application,
current-directory returns '/'. i could not find any solutions to load
the scripts from a relative path from an app, which is required for the
boot script of fluxus. so you must copy the app to the /Applications
folder, otherwise the boot script fails and it crashes.

does it work when you copy it to /Applications/?

> I'd rather put it in /Applications/Fluxus
> Is that an easy fix?
you need to change this part in the SConstruct file:

if sys.platform == 'darwin' and GetOption('app'):
        PLTCollectsLocation =
'/Applications/Fluxus.app/Contents/Resources/collects/'
        FluxusCollectsLocation =
'/Applications/Fluxus.app/Contents/Resources/collects/'
        DataLocation = '/Applications/Fluxus.app/Contents/Resources'

best,