[Fluxus] website

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Wed Feb 4 08:53:40 PST 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 10:52 +0100, Artem Baguinski wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 6:13 PM, Juego <julien.deswaef at brutele.be> wrote:
> > Dave Griffiths a écrit :
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I've been thinking of using something like wordpress for the fluxus
> >> website - is anyone up for helping keep it up to date, or have any
> >> suggestions for alternative CMSes? Although it is slightly constrained
> >> by the server providers, it would be good to know (I'm not a web guy)...
> >>
> >> cheers,
> >>
> >> dave
> >>

> > Wordpress installs itself quickly. No need to know anything about
> > webdesign. But it's a blog. So it's 'structure' works like a journal.
>
> wordpress also has "pages" which work almost like posts but aren't
> sorted by date, rather in a hierarchy. pages can have comments
> switched on and off, just like posts.

Thanks for everyone's input on this! I think I'll probably try wordpress
as I've been using it a bit lately (I've been trying to blog my work
with it btw: http://www.pawfal.org/dave/blog ).

I guess the main point is to make it possible for other people to edit
the site, just to add new releases and things. It should still be pretty
simple.