[Fluxus] Noisy output from (gh)

Glauber Alex Dias Prado smade4 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 02:21:32 PST 2009

Chris Targett <xin at xlevus.net> writes:

> Humm,
>
> Even after
> * Blitzing all of Jack's preferences
try increasing not only jack's buffer size(period) but also nperiod (3
or higher)
> * Using a buffer size in Fluxus of 2048
Buffer size of fluxus has to be the same as jack.
> * Using the 'dummy' JACK driver to bypass any dodgy audio devices
dont use this, try alsa and make sure it is configured for your card.

You can bypass jack with reading from a wav file directly as dave mentioned, with:
(process "somemusic.wav")