[Fluxus] parenting and frames of reference

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Fri Aug 14 22:31:20 PDT 2009

hi Kassen,

> concerned, leading me to believe we are dealing with some phenomenon related
> to both origin and scale. My question is "what phenomenon?".
i think the root of the problem is that you forgot to parent the
windmill building. i suggest that you make a building then set it as a
parent for the cube in the center of the blades, then you set the cube
as a parent for all the blades. since the windmill building consists of
two primitives you probably should parent one to the other, or you can
use a locator primitive (build-locator). then you return the main parent
object as a windmill object, and you transform that. all children should
follow.

> Finally, I'm finding that some errors in coding are a sure-fire way to crash
> Fluxus outright, especially "let" and "for*" expressions with the outer
> brackets of the defining list forgotten by novice schemers. I feel crashing
> a system like this outright because of a typo is a bug. Should these be
> reported to the list or is there another method that would be prefered?
the idea is that fluxus should not crash in any case. if you can
reproduce a bug in a small script, you can send the reports here.

best,