[Fluxus] Fluxus no more detected in JackPilot

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Wed Aug 12 21:44:50 PDT 2009

Hi Paraita,

On Wed, 2009-08-12 at 15:07 -1000, Paraita Wohler wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> i retrieved a fresh copy from the git repository and compiled fluxus.
> Everything runs fine except that when i run a (start-audio "" 2048
> 44100) in the repl, fluxus doesn't appear on my routing window in
> JackPilot. I still have a previous binary that i tried, and it work on
> that one. I didn't changed anything lately, and i just tried the same
> command as usual.
> Maybe something changed lately i'm not aware of ??

I think this is due to a difference in the way that the default build
from git works vs the application bundle build. By default fluxus uses
jack from ports, whereas the app uses jackpilot (they don't seem to be
compatible). Try building a new application bundle with:

scons -app

and then:

./macos/osx_app-postbuild.sh

Which should leave you with a runnable Fluxus.app in the fluxus
directory that works with jack pilot.

We should make a 0.17 release soon...