[Fluxus] Master crashes on running of (build-cube)

David Marrs David.Marrs at myrealbox.com
Wed Apr 29 14:58:40 PDT 2009

fluxus-bounces at lists.pawfal.org wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-04-26 at 14:00 -0400, Stephen Halter wrote:
>
>> I tried this code with similar results as before. Backtrace:
>>
>> SIGSEGV fault on (nil)

>> In trying out your code, I found that just typing the following into
>> the REPL was enough to cause the crash:
>> (define p (build-sphere 10 10))
>> This and others would cause a similar crash:
>> (define p (draw-cube))
>>

> Sorry, I should have been more specific... you need to run that script
> in the editor so it gets converted to indexed mode before it renders.
>
> cheers,
>
> dave
>

> --- AV & Spam Filtering by M+Guardian - Risk Free Email (TM) ---

Sorry, I haven't received a chunk of this thread for some reason, so I
hadn't seen these instructions.

#0  0xb7fd5430 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#1  0xb74a36d0 in raise () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
#2  0xb74a5098 in abort () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
#3  0xb7f3f97d in fault_handler (sn=11, si=0xbfbf1e7c, ctx=0xbfbf1efc)
    at ./sighand.c:49
#4  <signal handler called>
#5  0xb6bf4b60 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1

Unfortunately, the nvidia packages don't come with debugging symbols so
I can't tell you what the missing fn in line #5 should be.  I'll try to
isolate the point in the code where the crash actually happens.  At the
moment, I haven't had much luck with that.  Incidentally, when I run
fluxus through ddd the line pointer jumps all over the place.  It
doesnt' step through each line in order as I'd expect.  Are there some
optimisations going on that are confusing the debugger?  Is there a
--for-debugging flag that I need to switch on in scons?

David Marrs

---AV & Spam Filtering by M+Guardian - Risk Free Email (TM)---